WILLIAM SANTUS & CO. LTD – Corporate Responsibility
Corporate Responsibility is at the heart of the way in which William Santus & Co. Ltd (Uncle Joe’s) conducts business and is as outlined below:
Values: William Santus & Co. Ltd was established in 1898 and is still owned, and run by the same family (John and Antony Winnard). Our company aim is to provide customer delight in quality of service and product through the growth and development of our people. To be professional in our actions and ethics and to profit through our efficiency and productivity.
Code of Business: William Santus & Co. Ltd takes into account their customers, employees, suppliers, community and the environment.
- Endeavour to be honest and fair to our customers.
- Provide a high quality, professional and friendly service in an ethical manner.
- Provide products that are of the highest standard, using certified, quality ingredients.
- Treat any complaint seriously and provide a prompt and detailed response.
- Endeavour to be responsive to customers needs.
- Do not discriminate on the grounds of colour, age, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, age, disability or religion.
- Do not tolerate any form of harassment of our employees i.e. mental, physical or sexual.
- Involve employees with the development of William Santus values.
- Encourage employees to develop skills via training.
- Respect the rights and dignity of all of our employees.
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- Pay suppliers in accordance to agreed terms.
- Have an ethical code of supply, communicated to our suppliers.
- Encourage our suppliers to have a certified standard equal to standards that we adhere to.
- Respect any confidential information.
COMMUNITY & ENVIRONMENT: We,
- Endeavour to protect the environment and actively get involved in the local community and the wider culture in which we engage our business.
- Seek to help build stronger local communities.
- Support our chosen charity, Wigan and Leigh Hospice by donating monies raised from giving talks about the history of our business to local groups.
- To recycle manufactured waste and packaging waste.
- Regularly review energy consumption to reduce usage.
Future Aims: We wish to continue with managing the effect that we have on the environment and society whilst looking at ways to develop our future performance further.